BPO Job interview Questions and Answers - Simplified


This is the most comprehensive list of questions commonly asked in Job Interviews, why they are asked, if they have any hidden motives and exactly how to answer them!

This list was sourced from several websites on the internet, I have edited them to take the misleading pointers out, simplified the thoughts and then compiled them for your convenience. Some questions and answers are based from my own experience and opinion during my job application days and the times where I have conducted my own interviews for applicants.

1. Tell me about yourself.
Since this is often the opening question in an interview, be extra careful that you don't run off at the mouth. Keep your answer to a minute or two at most. Cover four topics: early years, education, work history, and recent career experience. Emphasize this last subject. Remember that this is likely to be a warm-up question. Don't waste your best points on it. This is not an invitation to ramble on.

2. Why do you want to work for us?
The deadliest answer you can give is "Because I like people." What else would you like-animals?

Here, and throughout the interview, a good answer comes from having done your homework so that you can speak in terms of the company's needs. You might say that your research has shown that the company is doing things you would like to be involved with, and that it's doing them in ways that greatly interest you. For example, if the organization is known for strong management, your answer should mention that fact and show that you would like to be a part of that team. If the company places a great deal of emphasis on research and development, emphasize the fact that you want to create new things and that you know this is a place in which such activity is encouraged. If the organization stresses financial controls, your answer should mention a reverence for numbers.

Your homework should include learning enough about the company to avoid approaching places where you wouldn't be able (or wouldn't want) to function. Even if you should succeed at it, your prize is a job you don't really want.

3. What do you know about our organization?
You should be able to discuss products or services, revenues, reputation, image, goals, problems, management style, people, history and philosophy. But don't act as if you know everything about the place. Let your answer show that you have taken the time to do some research, but don't overwhelm the interviewer, and make it clear that you wish to learn more.

You might start your answer in this manner: "In my job search, I've investigated a number of companies.
Your company is really the one that caught my interest, for these reasons..."

Give your answer a positive tone. Don't say, "Well, everyone tells me that you're in all sorts of trouble, and that's why I'm here", even if that is why you're there.

4. What can you do for us that someone else can't?
Here you have every right, and perhaps an obligation, to toot your own horn and be a bit egotistical. Talk about your record of getting things done, and mention specifics from your resume or list of career accomplishments. Say that your skills and interests, combined with this history of getting results, make you valuable. Mention your ability to set priorities, identify problems, and use your experience and energy to solve them.

5. What do you look for in a job?
Keep your answer oriented to opportunities at this organization. Talk about your desire to perform and be recognized for your contributions. Make your answer oriented toward opportunity rather than personal security.

6. Why should we hire you?
Create your answer by thinking in terms of your ability, your experience, and your energy. (See question 4.) Here is also an example: If you are looking for someone who would stay and grow with the company. I would be a great candidate. My future plan once hired is to start becoming one of the best and hoping to be promoted if the account deemed me worthy.

Nope, Nope, Nope...

7. Please give me your definition of [the position for which you are being interviewed].
Keep your answer brief and task oriented. Think in terms of responsibilities and accountability. Make sure that you really do understand what the position involves before you attempt an answer. If you are not certain, ask the interviewer; he or she may answer the question for you.

8. How do you see yourself 5 years from now?
Never ever answer with: 5 years from now, I'll be the owner of this company. So make sure that you'll let me pass this interview or suffer the consequences!

It's important you understand why they ask this question. They want to know what your career goals or what is your game plan and if you have the motivation to succeed in the future. So you can answer like this "My goal is to become part of the Management team and part of that goal is my plan to do the best I can to become well qualified to acquire that position".

9. What are your weaknesses?
You must understand that it is perfectly normal for any human being to have some weaknesses. What is more important is to identify them and work on them. So, if you are asked this question in the interview – stay calm and admit that you have weaknesses.  Offer one of your strengths as a weakness. For e.g. “My friends accuse me of being to picky about the grammar and the words in English but I think it is important to speak a language properly”. If you have applied for a position with a call center, they would immediately buy this.

10. Why are you leaving (did you leave) your present (last) job?
If you are currently working or worked in the past, it is one of the most obvious questions you would face. So, you must go prepared with a good answer for this. The key here is “do not bad mouth your last employer or boss”. Just say that you want to switch for better opportunities. The interviewer may spend some time probing you on this issue, particularly if it is clear that you were terminated. The "We agreed to disagree" approach may be useful. Remember that your references are likely to be checked, so don't concoct a story for an interview.

11. Can you share with us your experiences from the last job?
The purpose here is to see what you learnt during last assignments, how you used the opportunities to grow etc. Focus you answer on the challenges you faced, solutions you offered and your achievements. Avoid talking about any bad experiences.

12. How do you rate your communication skills?
Communication skills play an important role in almost all the jobs you perform. Some need you to communicate internally with your team members, boss or management while others need you to communicate with customers. Work on your communication skills to rate them as above average.

Here's an example answer for NEWBIES: From scale of 1-10, I would say im around 6. I'm certainly not a very good speaker I know that. I'm a newbie simply because I am not used to doing this often. All I know is I can understand English very well and confident enough to speak the language. Give me a little experience and I will not just become a good debater but also good with customer service.

13. What do you think is the most difficult thing about being a manager or executive?
Mention planning, execution, and cost-control. The most difficult task is to motivate and manage employees to get something planned and completed on time and within the budget.

14. In your current (last) position, what features do (did) you like the most? The least?
Be careful and be positive. Describe more features that you liked than disliked. Don't cite personality problems. If you make your last job sound terrible, an interviewer may wonder why you remained there until now.

15. What do you think of your last/current boss?
Be as positive as you can, even if you have to lie. A potential boss is likely to wonder if you might talk about him in similar terms at some point in the future. For example, say something like, He's someone who would inspire others to lead and develops his employees.

16. How do you handle stress?
I look at stress in a positive way, it keeps me at my peak performance. I handle stress by plunging myself into the stressful situation itself. For example, im asked to complete a task within a limited period of time but then my computer froze so a delay was caused. Instead of being in a state of panic I'd rather look for another computer to finish the task. I have to be resourceful and maximize the time I was given. Therefore I handle stress by using it to my advantage and rising to the occasion.

17. What would you do if you are not hired today?
Show persist-ency! I will still try to apply here in your company until you hire me to a job that suits me well.

18. Do you have any questions for me?
Always have some questions prepared. Questions prepared where you will be an asset to the organization are good. How soon will I be able to serve your company? and What type of projects will I be able to assist on? are examples. If you can't think of any then don't ask them anything! :))

So far these are the top items on my list, I'll have more added soon. I hope it helps!
If you like the article, feel free to like the page and share it with your friends. You can also check my other Job hunting tips and tricks.

.

9 comments:

  1. I am Michelle Huxford from Casper, Wyoming. I was in a very chronic financial issue and terminal health situation some few weeks back. After all my search for assistance from friends and neighbors proved abortive, I feel there was no one who truly cares. I became so emaciated due to lack of good food and my 2 kids age 5 and 8 were not also good looking due to lack of proper care as a result of finance. One faithful morning I saw an old time friend of my husband and I told him all I have been going through and he said the only way he could help was to direct me to a good loan agency that also helped him, He explained to me on how he was financially down and how he got boosted by this loan agency UPSTART LOAN INC ( upstartloan@yahoo.com ) who gave him loan at an affordable rate. He further assured me that they were the only legit loan firm he found in the quest of seeking for loan after been scammed by various fake loan lenders online. He gave me their email: upstartloan@yahoo.com or text/call (574) 301-1639, That was how i applied and was also granted a loan and my life changed for the good. CONTACT THE ONLY GENUINE LENDERS( UPSTART LOAN INC) VIA email: upstartloan@yahoo.com or call +1 (574) 301-1639 to resolve your financial mess. [][]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great!!! Thank you for sharing your information and techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Joy Fredickson loan Organization, we are formed to help people in needs of helps,such as financial help. So if you are going through financial difficulty or you are in any financial mess,and you need funds to start up your own business or you need loan to settle your debt or pay off your bills,start a nice business, or you are finding it hard to obtain capital loan from local banks,contact us today via email: joyfredickson55@yahoo.com or WhatsApp number: +2348078800681
    INFORMATION NEEDED.
    Your Name...
    Last name...
    SEX..
    AGE...
    Country......
    PURPOSE OF LOAN........
    YOUR MONTHLY INCOME....
    Loan Amount needed....
    Loan Duration....
    Cell Phone Number....

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We currently have funds for Financing Real Estate, Project Funding, Bridge Loans, Construction Financing and Ordinary Loans for Company Export/Import financing projects of large volume.

    Here are the area of our funding:

    * Bridging loans
    * Business Loans
    * Personal loan
    * Investment loan
    * Auto loan
    * Construction loans
    * Debt Consolidation
    * Credit line
    * Lend Lease
    * Second mortgage
    * Credit Redemption
    * Project Financing
    * Mortgage
    * Refinancing Loans
    * Real Estate Investment loans
    * Agent/Brokers.

    Our funding interest rate is 3% with 1 year grace period, and the client need to be insure his/her project with an insurance company of the total loan sum to guarantee the loan as collateral.

    E-Mail us: standardonlineinvestment@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...It was Amazing and Learnt a Lot. A Great Help and Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It’s good to take risk sometimes. I’ve realized that people who do great exploits are people who take risk. Nothing good comes or happens easily. You may be battling with your bad credit, negative items and different bills but if care is not taken depression might set in. I want to introduce CREDIT TRINITY CARE to you guys and trust me, he’s gonna help you fix your credit ASAP. He’ll delete all the negatives and boast your credit score. He boasted my credit score from 400 to 790+ within few days. I read about him on credit blog and discovered that he’s not one of those usual names, so I contacted him via creditscoretrinity@gmail.com I’m forever grateful to CREDIT TRINITY CARE. I wish I can say everything here which is not possible but all I know is that he can be trusted

    ReplyDelete
  8. With heart filled with joy and gratitude, I say a big Thanks to the team at CREDIT TRINITY CARE for helping me achieve my dream of becoming a first time home owner. Also, for the purchase of my new family car. Thank you for your time and dedication. With the help of CREDIT TRINITY company my credit score has been raised from 450-801 within 72hours. All negative items have been deleted including the bankruptcy which had been on my report for about 3years ago. They were very thorough through the process and took care of all my questions. He made sure I got the best deal for my car and now I and my family get to enjoy it with a low payment. We are grateful to have gone through this process with him. I recommend creditscoretrinity@gmail.com to everyone who needs help with their credit. Contact him now and enjoy a high credit score ever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The criminal record on my credit deprived me of so many opportunities alongside 19 hard inquiries and about 15 derogatory items which messed up my report and lowered my credit score to low 544(TransUnion) 523(Equifax) 515(Experian). After my mum told me about CREDIT TRINITY CARE. I reached out immediately and complied with the proposal, after about five days I was asked to pull my report to confirm the job has been done. Yes...... my score is now 801 across the 3 credit bureaus and all of those things removed. I strongly recommend them to anyone who’s in need of credit fix. Email on: CREDITSCORETRINITY@GMAIL.COM Or Text +1 385 758 4966

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...